Two popular chocolate products have been recalled from Irish shelves over fears of Salmonella poisoning.
Galaxy bars and Malteser fun-size packs are both affected, after numerous pallettes were "placed on the market accidentally".
A spokesperson for the Food Safety Authority Ireland said:
"In June 2017, Mars Ireland recalled a range of its products due to the possible presence of Salmonella.
"Two pallets of the above implicated products were on hold with an Irish distributor awaiting destruction but were placed on the market accidentally.
"Mars Ireland is recalling the above specific batch of the 42g Galaxy Smooth Milk bar and Maltesers Fun Size bags."
According to the Irish Mirror, the affected products are as follows:
- Galaxy smooth milk chocolate bar, 42g, with the batch code 720B1SLO00 and best before dates of 13.05.2018.
- Maltesers Fun Size bag with the batch code 720A1SLO00 and best before dates of 13.05.2018.
While no illnesses have been reported yet, consumption of the affected products could lead to 'salmonellosis' - symptoms of which are stomach cramps, diarrhoea, vomiting and fever.
Businesses have been asked to remove the products from shelves, and anyone who has consumed the named products and feels unwell should seek medical advice.