Close

Follow Lovin IE

This New Irish Invention Could Save Lives

By clodagh

May 19, 2017 at 10:43am

Share:

There have been several incidents of phone chargers causing damaging fires over the last little while.

This comes as scary news, as we are all guilty of leaving our phone plugged in overnight or unattended during the day.

Shutterstock 161330822

According to Newstalk , a Cork-based electrician has the answer. 

Sean O'Tuama founded his company Firemole, in the hopes of preventing more fires like these. 

The product is simple, and genius. 

The device is simply placed on top of your charger. It monitors the temperature, and when it reaches over 54 degrees Celsius, an alarm will sound, alerting you of the potential danger. 

At the moment, the company are only taking pre-orders for this incredible new product, with aims to begin distributing around Ireland and the UK in summer 2017. 

READ NEXT: PICS: Ant And Dec Had The People Of Leitrim Very Excited Yesterday


Share:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get the best of your city straight to your inbox.

I'd like to receive news and exclusive offers from Lovin IE including competitions, products, commercial partners and activities. By submitting this form you agree to our T&Cs and our privacy policy