This is the last thing you need.
People with asthma and hay fever are being advised to be aware of the triggers and manage their symptoms when attending Pride.
With almost one in five people in Ireland suffering from hay fever and over 470,000 from asthma, the Asthma Society of Ireland is advising people to be prepared in order to avoid unnecessary sneezing, wheezing and watery eyes, but, most importantly, to avoid triggering a serious asthma attack during these fun outdoor events.
Things to do to prepare for Pride:
- Be prepared: Have a plan in place to manage your hayfever and asthma and know where the medical tents are
- Remember your medication; bring a backup supply if attending a festival or event
- Eat well, avoid or reduce alcohol intake, never smoke
- Aware of the current pollen forecast on asthma.ie
- Tell your friends about your asthma or hayfever, make sure they know what to do in an emergency
- Have an Asthma Attack card with you at all times, available at asthma.ie
Happy Pride, everyone.