These glass window cookies are so damn festive and cute.
2020 was the year when everyone tried their hand at home baking. And once we got into it, we realised it's not as hard as it looks.
As Christmas begins to creep up, we're starting to think about all of the delicious festive goods we're going to bake this year. And these glass window cookies are as tasty as they are cute. Imagine how pretty these will look on your Instagram!
We have teamed up with Kerrygold and Pastry Chef Shane Smith to bring you a serious of gorgeous sweet recipes just like this one.
Kerrygold has an abundance of delicious seasonal recipe inspiration for all your Christmas cooking & baking needs, check out their website, Kerrygold.com.
Here are the ingredients you will need for this one:
- 125g Kerrygold butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 20 mixed boiled /glucose flavoured sweets
- To decorate:
- 100g dark chocolate (melted)
Here is the method you'll follow:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 170C & Line two trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2: In a mixing bowl, cream the room temperature Kerrygold butter, sugar and vanilla together until you get a creamy and pale consistency. Next, add in one egg and mix. Finally, add the flour and cinnamon to the mixture and combine.
- Step 3: Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for one hour. Once rested, on a floured surface roll out the dough to a thickness of 1cm and cut into desired Christmas shapes. Taking a small similar cutter, cut out the centre of each cookie and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Step 4: Place a sweet into the centre of each cookie and place in a preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 5: Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray. Decorate with piped melted chocolate and sprinkles.
We'll be bringing you more wonderfully festive baking recipes just like these glass window cookies, so keep your eyes peeled. To find out how to make stunning gold-dusted Florentine biscuits, head here (LINK WHEN LIVE).
For more seasonal recipe inspiration from Kerrygold, click here.