The 2017 Gold Medal Awards took place in Lyrath Estate, Kilkenny yesterday.
And while there were plenty winners all around, it was Kelly’s Resort Hotel in Co. Wexford that stole that won big – they took home the ‘Gold Medal Supreme Winner’ award AND were also named ‘Ireland’s Family Friendly Hotel’.
Ashford Castle walked away with Ireland’s ‘Best Guest Experience’ award and best ‘Five-Star Hotel’.
The full list of hotel awards:
- Gold Medal Supreme Winner – Kelly’s Resort & Hotel, Co. Wexford
- Ireland’s Five Star Hotel – Ashford Castle, Co. Mayo
- Ireland’s Five Star Boutique Hotel – Ballyfin, Co. Laois
- Ireland’s Four Star Hotel – The Malton Killarney, Co. Kerry
- Ireland’s Four Star Resort – The Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, Dublin
- Ireland’s Three Star Hotel – Headfort Arms Hotel, Co. Meath
- Ireland’s Country House & Guest House – Marlfield House, Co. Wexford
- Ireland’s Five Star Hotel Spa Experience – Aghadoe Heights, Co. Kerry
- Ireland’s Four Star Hotel Spa Experience – Oceo Spa, Seafield Hotel, Co. Wexford
- Ireland’s Hotel Breakfast – Blue Haven Hotel, Co. Cork
- Ireland’s Family Friendly Hotel – Kelly’s Resort Hotel, Co. Wexford
- Ireland’s City Hotel – The Montenotte Hotel, Co. Cork
- Ireland’s Business Hotel – Absolute Hotel, Limerick
- Ireland’s Wedding Hotel – Garryvoe Hotel, Co. Cork
- Ireland’s Favourite Place to Stay – Castle Leslie Estate, Co. Monaghan
- Ireland’s Best Hotel Website – Wyatthotel.com, Co. Mayo
Other awards on the night included ‘Ireland’s Chef of the Year’, which was awarded to the wonderful Jess Murphy of Kai in Galway and ‘Ireland’s Rising Star Chef of the Year’ awarded to Niamh Barry of The Bay Tree Bistro in Waterford.
All other Gold Medal Awards:
- Ireland’s Chef of the Year – Jess Murphy, Kai Restaurant, Co. Galway
- Ireland’s Executive Chef of the Year – Ken Harker, Mount Juliet Estate, Co. Kilkenny
- Ireland’s Rising Star Chef of the Year – Niamh Barry, The Bay Tree Bistro, Co. Waterford
- Ireland’s Menu Provenance Award – Limerick Strand Hotel
- Ireland’s Fine Dining Restaurant – Pullman Restaurant, Glenlo Abbey Hotel, Co. Galway
- Ireland’s Casual Dining Experience – The Draft House, Co. Sligo
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way Restaurant – The Tavern, Co. Mayo
- Ireland’s Newcomer Restaurant – Wild and Native Seafood Restaurant, Co. Wexford
- Ireland’s Wine Experience – The Twelve Hotel, Co. Galway
- Ireland’s Guest Experience – Ashford Castle, Co. Mayo
- Outstanding Service Award – Aidan Moynihan, Hotel, Killarney, Co. Kerry
- Ireland’s Front of House Team Member – Deirdre Ryan, Marymount University Hospital & Hospice, Co. Cork
- Ireland’s Event Caterer – John Coughlan Catering, Dubai Duty Free Irish Open
- Ireland’s Site Contract Caterer – Brook Food Services, Co. Cork
- Ireland’s Healthcare Caterer – National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street, Dublin
- Ireland’s Innovative Supplier – Avvio, Headquarters, Co. Limerick
Congrats to all!