Although the sun rarely shines long enough for us to enjoy a day out on the beach, it doesn't take away the fact that Ireland really does have some of the most gorgeous beaches going.
And according to TripAdvisor's list of the top 10 beaches in Ireland in 2018, the majority of our best beaches lie along the west coast of the country.
Taking the first place on the list is none other than Kerry's Inch Beach, which is absolutely breath-taking (if you haven't been, you need to add this to your summer bucket list) no matter what the weather conditions.
Following closely behind in second place is Inchydoney Beach in Clonakilty, Cork, which is a gorgeous, clean beach that makes for the perfect location for a quiet summer stroll.
And in third place is Dog's Bay Beach in Galway, which is known for its clear water and Caribbean-like white sand.
Here's the full list of TripAdvisor's top 10 beaches in Ireland:
- Inch Beach, Inch, Kerry
- Inchydoney Beach, Clonakilty, Cork
- Dog’s Bay Beach, Roundstone, Galway
- Barleycove Beach, Schull, Cork
- Coumeenoole Beach, Dingle, Kerry
- Maghera Beach and Caves, Ardara, Donegal
- Silver Strand Beach, Malin Beg, Donegal
- Derrynane Beach, Caherdaniel, Kerry
- Strandhill Beach, Strandhill, Sligo
- Banna Strand, Kerry