This Irish Fairytale Castle Is Ranked In The 'Best Travel Experiences In The World'
And rightly so...
Considering the number of absolutely incredible locations and places to stay in Ireland, it's a wonder Irish people are tempted to go abroad at all for their holliers (okay okay, the chance of some sun is probably why)...
And now one worldly famous Mayo castle has received yet another glowing accolade that has us seriously wishing we were made of money and could spend a weekend like royalty at its luxe grounds.
Ashford Castle, an 800-year-old 5* resort in Cong scooped a place in the first annual 'Chad Clark Certified 25', a "first-of-its-kind travel initiative that annually lists the top 25 travel experiences and products throughout the world” that has been called the Michelin Guide of travel.
And we can see why Ashford Castle made it...
The experience at Ashford Castle doesn't come cheap (we're talking from €4,350!), but it does sound insaaaaaaaaanely amazing.
Marketed as the “Ashford Castle Fairytale experience”, it includes:
- Private chauffeur transfers from the airport
- Two nights in a Stateroom
- Afternoon tea in the Connaught Room
- Private showing of The Quiet Man in the 32-seat cinema at the hotel, with Champagne and popcorn
- Dinners in the Dungeon and George V restaurants
- Wine tasting
- And a meet-and-greet with the estate's Irish Wolfhounds
The full list of Chad Clark Certified 25 can be seen here.