18 hotels across Ireland have recently been included in the top 2,500 best hotels in the world – pretty good considering the size of our humble isle.
Reviews left by users of hotels.com made up the criteria for being included on the Loved By Guests Gold Awards list, and hotels had to have an average guest review rating of 4.7 out of 5 or higher.
The reviews were scrutinised by travel experts who looked at millions of reviews of hotels in 87 countries, with the USA coming in top with 969 hotels scoring high.
United Kingdom came next with 171, followed by Italy with 153, and Canada with 86.
Of Ireland’s winning 18 hotels, four were recognised in a specific category, either spa, boutique, or luxury.
Here’s the full list:
Top hotels by specific category
- The Kingsley, Cork (4.6/5)
- The Dylan Hotel, Dublin (4.6/5)
- The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin (4.6/5)
- The Fitzwilliam Hotel, Dublin (4.6/5)
Loved By Guests Gold Awards Winners
- The Merrion Hotel (4.8/5)
- The Marker Hotel (4.8/5)
- The Westbury Hotel (4.7/5)
- Clontarf Castle Hotel (4.7/5)
- Hayfield Manor (4.8/5)
- The River Lee Hotel (4.7/5)
- The Cork International Hotel (4.7/5)
- Castlemartyr Resort (4.7/5)
- The Europe Hotel and Resort (4.8/5)
- The Brehon Hotel (4.7/5)
- Glenlo Abbey Hotel (4.7/5)
- No.1 Pery Square Hotel and Spa (4.7/5)
- Druid’s Glen Hotel & Golf Resort (4.7/5)
- Killiane Castle County House and Farm (4.7/5)
We know what to put on our hotel bucket list now… These all look divine.
Header image: No.1 Pery Square Hotel and Spa