The ultimate hangover cure (I’ll have no disagreements on this one, jambons are king and ye know it), the cheesy ham pastry deli treat holds a special place in the nation’s hearts.
I'd really like to be reincarnated as a ham & cheese jambon coz they just bring SO much happiness to people (i.e. to me)
— Becky Lee-Roche (@beckylee09) June 7, 2017
And if you didn’t already know just how obsessed Irish folks are with these flaky beauts, a recent thread on Reddit has people debating on whether a soft jambon or a crispy one is best.
User Oriain asked “Bit of a debate going on at work about the best type of jambons. Most say a jambon has to have crispy pastry.
"While I'm not against that sort of thing myself, I much prefer when you get a soft one and it looks like I'm not alone. What's yer thoughts?”
And people were quick to jump on the great jambon jumble…
- I hate flaky pastry, by the time I'm finished one it's like I've poured a packet of crisps on the ground and rolled around in it.
- A slight crispness to the outside is acceptable but no more.
- I'll eat any jambon that's in front of me.
- I prefer the ones that have been sitting there all day and are all hard and crispy.
- Fuck off, "crisp pastry" is code for "burnt and dry as fuck". you want a nice juicy one with gooey cheese which necessitates a soggy jambon.
- Crispy can piss right off. Impotent jambon all the way
We need to settle this once for and for all people: CRISPY OR SOFT???