Earlier last month, we wrote about the Espresso Martini Festival happening in Cork.
But let me get you up to speed, just in case you might have missed it.
Taking place down in the Rebel County, the Espresso Martini Festival is thanks to a collab between Monk and Three Fools Coffee. Events will be housed in the Franciscan Well Brewpub.
View this post on Instagram
Espresso Martini Fest Nov 22nd & 23rd! The Banoffee Martini 🖤💛 Vodka Banana Liqueur Butterscotch Liqueur Three Fools Coffee Espresso Whipped Cream Garnished Chocolate dusting, Dehydrated Banana & Toffee Drizzle. #Upstairs #Cocktails #Upstairs #Espresso #Local #Festival #Pizza #LiveMusic
Well, now we have the full drinks menu and it looks nothing short of heavenly.
Buckle in because there are nine delicious-sounding tipples on offer and if you’re anything like me, you’ll want to try every single one of them.
My personal favourite is the salted caramel espresso martini. That sounds like dessert in a fancy glass.
The full list, as revealed by YayCork is as follows:
• Traditional Espresso Martini: Absolute= Vodka, Kahlua, Three Fools Coffee Espresso
Garnish: 3 Coffee Beans
• Terry’s Chocolate Orange: Jameson Caskmates, Mozart Milk Chocolate, Cointreau and Three Fools Coffee Espresso
Garnish: Dark Chocolate Drizzle & Orange Zest
• Rum & Raisin Espresso Martini: Havana Club 7 year old, Pedro Ximenes Sherry, Kahlua, Three Fools Coffee Espresso
Garnish: Dehydrated Raisins
• Banoffee Martini: Absolut Vodka, Banana liqueur, Butterscotch Liqueur, Three Fools Coffee espresso, whipped cream
Garnish: Chocolate dusting, dehydrated banana and toffee drizzle
• Mochatini: Bulleit Bourbon, Mozart White Chocolate & Vanilla Cream, Mozart Milk Chocolate, double cream, Three Fools Coffee Espresso
Garnish: Chocolate shavings
• Hazlenut Martini: Jameson Stout Caskmates, Kahlua, Frangelico, Three Fools Coffee Espresso
Garnish: Hazelnuts, grated nutmeg and honey drizzle
• Tiramisu Martini: Havana 3 year old, Marsala Wine, coconut milk, Three Fools Coffee Espresso, vanilla extract. Garnish: Cocoa powder & Lady Finger
• Salted Caramel Espresso Martini: Absolute Vodka, Kahlua, Three Fools Coffee Espresso, salted caramel. Garnish: 3 Coffee Beans
• Mint-Chocolate Espresso Martini: Cognac, Chocolate Mozart, Kahlua, Crème de Menthe, Three Fools Coffee Espresso. Garnish: Mint sprig and chocolate shavings.
Free to attend, things will run on a first-come, first-served basis.
View this post on Instagram
We can't wait to be apart of Irelands first ever Espresso Martini Event with @monkcocktailbar over in the @franciscanwellbrewery! It's on November 22nd & 23rd and its going to be a cracker of a weekend! Also on the Saturday, there will be coffee cuppings, Espresso Martini classes and we hear a stout tasting of something incredible we have been working on with Franciscan Well 😉
Activities running throughout the weekend include workshops and demos. There will also be a coffee cupping class at Three Fools Coffee. Taking place at 3pm on Saturday, November 23rd, it’s a chance for all you coffee connoisseurs to sample different brews.
This will be shortly followed by an espresso martini making masterclass at 4pm. Coffee on top of coffee sounds like my type of gig.
Monk will also launch their own beer later that day at 5pm. Brewed by founder of the Franciscan Well Shane Long, it’s a coffee stout that combines the best of both beverage drinking worlds.
I’m so glad the world has found a way to rationalise coffee drinking past 4pm.