Looking for a last-minute trip? Why not get in the car and head to Limerick?
The Treaty County has always been home to great food, culture, nightlife and a whole heap of hidden gems, and it can now add the Liam McCarthy cup to the list after yesterday's epic All-Ireland final victory over Galway.
Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments.
1. Adare is one of the prettiest towns in Ireland
Described as 'an architectural wealth of scenic beauty' on AdareVillage.com.
2. And Limerick has some of the best museums the country
You could spend hours wandering around the Hunt Museum, the Limerick City Gallery of Art or the Frank McCourt Museum.
— The Hunt Museum (@HuntMuseum) July 31, 2017
3. There's a passion for hurling like nowhere else
And now that painful 45-year wait has ended.
4. And it's the home of Munster Rugby
AKA One of the most loudest and most passionate fanbases in world sport.
5. It's the birthplace of the legendary Terry Wogan
And he now has a permanent place in his home city.
— Orla Ryan (@Orliox) July 8, 2017
6. Not to mention Hollywood icon Richard Harris
All hail Dumbledore.
7. Limerick is the county that gave us the Rubberbandits
From novelty hip-hop act to undisputed voices of a generation.
8. UL is the best craic university in the country
9. And you can't bate dinner at the Copper Room
The ideal start (or end) to a night out.
10. Or a night in Flannerys
The nightlife all round is class tbf.
— Flannerys Limerick (@FlannerysBar) March 17, 2017
11. And the city ain't bad to look at either
12. The Cranberries have written some of the best songs to come out of Ireland
Altogether now: "IN YOUR HEAD, IN YOUR HEEEEEAAAAAD"
13. And 'Sean South of Garryowen' is great for a sing-song
"And the leader was.... a LIMERICK man..."
14. The one and only Paul O'Connell calls Limerick home
True Irish hero.
16. As does legendary journalist and broadcaster Vincent Browne
He'll be missed.
17. And Oscar nominee Ruth Negga
Bringing a bit of Limerick to Hollywood.
18. The people are generally the salt of the earth
A great bunch of lads.
19. Ah yes. Limerick, you certainly are a lady