When you see a list that says top trending songs for Valentine's Day, you would expect to come across tunes that any given boyband could have produced.
Anything with the word 'Love' in it should do the trick, maybe best to skip Love Will Tear Us Apart though...
The Irish Examiner has revealed that ten songs that had an almighty increase in airplay on the 14th of February but the song that comes in at number ten is the most upsetting of all.
Released in 2005, 'Lonely' by Akon had a 20% increase in playtime on YouTube on Valentine's Day.
With lyrics that include the ever upbeat: "Lonely, I am so lonely, I have nobody, all on my own", it's not something you should be listening to any day of the week but especially on Valentine's Day.
The top ten include:
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me (120.14% Increase)
- Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting (91.20% Increase)
- Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (55.17% Increase)
- Boyz II Men - I’ll Make Love to You (47.46% Increase)
- K-Ci & JoJo - All My Life (32.85% Increase)
- Elvis Presley - Can’t Help Falling in Love (31.94% Increase)
- Usher - Nice & Slow (27.02% Increase)
- Aerosmith - I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing (23.70% Increase)
- Akon - Lonely (21.94% Increase)
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (17.57% Increase)