The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) revealed this morning that six Irish businesses were served with closure orders for breaches of food safety legislation for the month of April.
The businesses were located in Dublin, Mayo, Kilkenny, Clare and Louth (2) and they were:
- Keyaki Japanese Restaurant, 15 Merchants Square, Ennis, Clare
- The building at the rear of the domestic dwelling occupied by Barry McConnon (under appeal) Corcreaghy, Carrickmacross, Louth (Both cutting plant and slaughterhouse, counted as two different closures)
- Natural Green, Unit C, Stadium Business Centre, Ballycoolin, Dublin 15
- Bentleys Ltd t/aThe Kilford Arms Hotel (Closed area: Kitchen and Food Preparation Area), John Street, Kilkenny – (Business type: hotel.)
- The house and garden of house currently being occupied by The Person in Charge – The Demesne Dalgan, Shrule, Mayo
The FSAI release a monthly update of closure orders which can be found on their website.
Establishments are served closure orders when it is deemed that the place might cause a grave or immediate danger to public health.
Do any of these places look familiar to you?