Omniplex has confirmed that seven of its cinemas will be reopening on Friday, July 3 with a range of new measures in place.
On March 16, Omniplex announced that it would be closing all cinemas for two weeks before the true extent of Covid-19's impact in Ireland was known. Now, over three months later, it has been confirmed that Omniplex cinemas in Cork, Rathmines, Limerick, Galway, Wexford and Arklow will be reopening along with the brand new D’LUXX cinema in Drogheda.
We're delighted to announce our phased re-opening starting Fri 3rd of July with seven cinemas opening their doors! We have a range of new measures including; all tickets to be bought online, in-cinema seat separation& enhanced cleaning regimes! Showtimes online this weekend! pic.twitter.com/OcC9kbTf8N
— Omniplex Cinemas (@omniplexcinema) June 25, 2020
In order to ensure the safety of staff and guests, the following measures will be in place at all locations...
- Pre-Booking of tickets – to control the number of guests in our foyers and auditoriums, tickets need to be booked online.
- In-Cinema Seat Separation – a 2 metre gap will be automatically provided beside, in-front of and behind each booking
- Limited capacity – maximum of 50 guests at any time in the foyer or at any screening with social distancing in place, screen capacities will reduce by over 70%.
- Enhanced cleaning regimes – including screens and all customer touchpoints. Guests will find sanitisation stations in each of our cinemas.
- Reduced showtimes – only one movie will start every 20 minutes to facilitate social distancing and extra cleaning
Speaking about the reopening, Mark Anderson, Director of Omniplex Cinemas, said: “We’re delighted to be reopening our cinemas over the next few weeks with a selection of popular classic movies. In order to enjoy a safe cinema-going experience patrons will notice some changes. We have worked hard to ensure our auditoriums observe two-metre social distancing and for the first few weeks, tickets will only be sold online. Patrons will also notice new directional and instructional signs throughout the cinema as well as self-scanning of tickets. However fresh popcorn and treats will still be available at the shop!”
Need inspiration for staying at home? Sign up to our Lovin Home Comforts newsletter here.