TripAdvisor has released its 'Traveller's Choice Awards' and has found that Viroth’s Hotel in Siem Reap, Cambodia is the world’s top hotel for 2018 while London's Hotel 41 takes the top spot in the UK.
As part of the awards, they also released the top 25 hotels in Ireland and The Killarney Park Hotel is not only number one in Ireland but it also takes up the 5th place spot in best hotels in Europe.
Hotels from Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Cork to name but a few are featured and there are some beautiful additions on the list from each province of Ireland.
The Top 25 Hotels in Ireland are:
- The Killarney Park Hotel, Kerry
- Harvey's Point, Donegal Town
- Ashford Castle, Mayo
- Hayfield Manor Hotel, Cork
- Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, Kerry
- The Merrion Hotel, Dublin
- Castle Durrow, Laois
- Dromoland Castle Hotel, Clare
- Villa Rose Hotel, Donegal
- Absolute Hotel, Limerick
- The Marker Hotel, Dublin
- Shandon Hotel & Spa, Donegal
- Killarney Royal, Kerry
- International Hotel Killarney, Kerry
- Clontarf Castle Hotel, Dublin
- Ballynahinch Castle Hotel, Galway
- Dunmore House Hotel, Cork
- Westport Plaza Hotel, Mayo
- Rathmullan House, Donegal
- The River Lee, Cork
- Lake Hotel, Kerry
- Ariel House, Dublin
- The Europe Hotel & Resort, Kerry
- Manor West Hotel, Kerry
- Castle Leslie Estate, Monaghan
There is a very strong Kerry contingent on the list with seven hotels making it into the top 25.
You could even say that they are the 'Kingdom of Hotels'.
We're sorry, we're leaving now.
Have you ever stayed in any of these hotels or do you think that there is a big omission from the list? Let us know in the comments.