17 Photos That Prove How Utterly Breathtaking Connemara Is
'A savage beauty'
It's hard to even think of the name Connemara without having a little bit of a swoon.
Your only experience of the region may be falling for someone older and bolder at Irish college, but we bet you still have a soft spot for its rolling hills and beautiful mountain ranges.
These few pictures are only the tip of the mesmerising iceberg, so go on take a look...
1. Because this is the road you take to the shop
2. And this is the view out your bedroom window
3. This is an old school garden
4. And this is it on a cloudy day
Ugh, it's hideous.
Avert your eyes.
5. And this is a landmark from which you give directions
''...yeah you take a right, then a sharp left. If you pass the painstakingly glorious Benedictine monastery you've gone too far.''
6. Like, come on
How would you ever get anything done?!
7. These are your neighbours
8. And the nearby mountains look like this
The real MVPs.
9. And even the ruins are prettier than us at our debs
10. The local shops are more beautiful than Cinderella
11. But staying in solitude is perfectly fine too
Because this is your back garden. The whole sea is your back garden.
12. And getting lost on a walk can lead you to a scene in The Notebook
If you're a bird, I'm a bird.
13. Going for a run in a nearby field can lead you to Narnia
14. Because who needs mirrors when you have a casual stretch of water
15. The locals are always totally welcoming
16. Every picture looks photoshopped
But they're genuinely not. This is actually how it all looks.
17. And finally, on the right days, the whole place looks like a still from a Celtic Lion King
If that doesn't get you to go, then I don't know what will.
READ NEXT: The 12 Most Irish Things To Happen this Week
Is there ever such thing as a Kardashian Koincidence? We chat about celebrity "leak" culture on this week's Before Brunch podcast below. Subscribe here