17 Telltale Signs That The Boom Is Definitely Back
Celtic Phoenix, dat u?
Notions, cranes and overpriced macarons. That is what our country is now made of – so we can take it that the Boom is definitely back.
Have your doubts? Allow us to make our case...
1. You need to take out a mortgage for drinks once more
2. Want a taxi past 2am?
Rumour has it that the Celtic Phoenix has booked out all the cabs from Dublin to Galway from 1:59am onwards.
3. Things like this are happening again
A wooden board. €60.
Let that sink in.
4. Cranes are now the soundtrack to the city once more
Ringing out true like the nation's saviours.
5. Lunches have lost the run of themselves
When did I realise the Celtic Tiger was back? It was just now when I ordered a sandwich and this arrived. pic.twitter.com/ZIvv6G4GqQ— Ross O'Carroll-Kelly (@RossOCK) March 21, 2016
6. Dog food delivery is now a thing
7. Coins are now for plebs
I have run out of change in the Mother cloakroom because people keep paying with twenties. This is the Celtic Phoenix in its hideous glory— Conor (@conorscully) August 7, 2016
8. The people's food choices are suffering
Just seen a spice bag for €7.50 this is a true sign of the Celtic Phoenix— Amelia (@roqueandrolle) May 23, 2016
9. Even budget supermarkets are feeling the heat
10. Concert tickets priced at €280 are sold out in mere minutes
11. Gentrification is alive and well
Just had a pomegranate and quinoa salad out of the supermarket in Ballymun #celticphoenix— Peter (@POBHerty) February 4, 2016
12. Nothing is sacred
Was it for this that our forefathers fought for our freedom?
13. Pubs have people pouring out of them
Every. Single. Evening.
14. Celtic Phoenix hatchlings are alive and well
The boom is back when theres more student cars than teacher cars in the carpark!Novice drivers NOT novice performers pic.twitter.com/su1Ruy3FK1— WestSide (@WestSideArts) May 31, 2016
15. Rent is for kings, queens and the children of nepotism only
16. New York for a day trip is being considered again
17. And finally, clarification that mo' money equals mo' happiness
Just saw someone wedge so much cash into the self-serve machine at the bank that he broke it. #boomisback— Susan Clince (@sclince) February 25, 2016
The nature of Irish 'Lickarsery' and Harry Styles' sexuality... listen to the latest episode of Before Brunch. Subscribe here