17 Photos That Prove That Wexford Is Too Gorgeous For Words
Ireland's Costa Del Sol, only... better
Home of huge strawberries, stellar spuds and enough camper parks to make your heart swell with childhood nostalgia.
And, as if that wasn't enough, some of the most beautiful sights in the land. Check these...
1. Hook Lighthouse at Hook Head
Isn't it just hideous? Avert your eyes.
2. Sunrise at Ferrybank
Sunny south east doing what it does best.
3. This beautiful thatched cottage in south Wexford
Neither weathered, nor touched by the ravages of age.
Lucky for some...
4. Johnstown castle, garden and pond
Just a casual Victorian castles restored meticulously to perfection. No big deal.
5. Didn't quite catch that?
We said restored to PERFECTION.
6. The Blackstairs Mountains
Looking less like cumbersome mountains and more like heavenly, well, heaven.
7. Groynes at Rosslare Strand
Groynes is potentially the ugliest word in the world, yet these still manage to be glorious.
8. Sand dunes
Don't they just look like everybody's childhood?
9. Sunset on River Slaney
10. Granite formation in the Blackstairs
A large rock and grass. Yet it looks like this.
11. This glorious view of the county in its prime
''..everywhere the light touches is The Strawberry Pickers' kingdom...''
12. Templar church, Templetown
Did you ever think an old, crumbling pile of rubble could look this breath-taking?
13. Lady Island lake
If it's one thing Wexford has nailed, it's seascapes.
And possibly, sandscapes.
14. Kilmore Quay
It looks like this? In the rain?!
Here we go with the groynes again... Looking like jewels in the Wexford crown.
16. Sunset from Wexford bridge
Picturesque is as picturesque does.
17. And finally, the centre of it all
The charming Wexford town. Ain't she purdy.