If you don't require glasses already, chances are you will at some point in your life. Here's what you have to look forward to:
1. Losing them
And not being able to find them because you need them to see.
2. Whipping them off for photographs
Glasses = minus likes.
3. Wearing 3D glasses at the cinema
So I either have to watch blurry 3D or wear one pair of glasses on top of another? Cool.
4. Prescription sunglasses
All well and good until the sun goes down.
Being caught in a downpour and all you can see is this.
6. Canoodling is all sorts of awkward
Get out of the way!!
7. Taking a nap
Or watching TV lying down. Enjoy that piece of metal digging into the side of your face.
8. Not knowing what the score is in a match
You agree to go to the pub but don't want to wear your glasses. Now you're annoying everyone with constant questions like 'what's the score now?' and 'how long is left?'
9. People grabbing your glasses and trying them on
Give them back.
10. And then saying 'oh my god you're so blind'
Not half as blind as you are annoying.
11. Not wanting to wear glasses on a first date
I shan't reveal my true self.
12. They are constantly dirty
Your sleeve is on a round-the-clock cleaning cycle
All that bloody steam.
15. You can't look down
Checking your phone? Prepare for those bad boys to slide off.
16. They're bloody expensive
Which is why you've had the same pair for 12 years.
17. Forgetting you're wearing contacts and putting glasses on
18. Playing sports with lenses
Hold play there ref, while I spend the next 20 minutes looking for a piece of plastic that fell out of my eye.
18. Or worse... swimming
Chlorine in the eyes is bad. Chlorine in the eyes with contact lenses while wearing lenses is hell.
19. People assume you're smart
You have no idea.
20. Or that you're a hipster
21. Seeing someone you know who didn't know who wore glasses and them having to say that
Didn't you? Well I didn't know you wore ill-fitting jeans but there you go.
22. When you're not wearing your glasses and someone wants you to look at something on their phone
Getting your squint on.
23. And finally, when it's hot your glasses actually start sliding off your face
The struggle is real.