Here Are The Top 10 Excuses Irish People Use To Avoid A Night Out
How many have you used?
It would seem that we’re the only ones around here who’ll avoid nights out like the plague.
According to research by Deliveroo, which surveyed 2,000 people, more than 70% prefer a quiet night over an evening on the lash.
It stated that 49% would much rather throw on Netflix than going out in public to meet their mates. I mean, who needs that kind of effort in their lives?
To avoid dreaded nights out on the town, here were the top excuses put forward.
10. Mobile isn’t working (when it's actually just turned off) (2%)
9. Fell asleep by accident (2%)
8. A family emergency (5%)
7. Having to work late (7%)
6. Needing to get up early the following day (9%)
5. Telling the truth and saying you don’t want to go (8%)
4. Needing to look after family members, including pets (13%)
3. Illness (13%)
2. Simply saying "I can’t come" (16%)
1. Other plans (17%)
What's your favourite excuse? Let us know in the comments.
The nature of Irish 'Lickarsery' and Harry Styles' sexuality... listen to the latest episode of Before Brunch. Subscribe here