With chances fairly high that Leo Varadkar will be Ireland's next Taoiseach, albeit possibly for a short time, it's about time we got to know the real man behind the image.
For Leo is just like me or you. Desperately clinging on to our youth while we can.
Here's all the times the 38-year-old Dubliner was your spirit animal:
1. The time he got hit in the head with a microphone
2. Or when he dished out Lion Bars in his early political career
Give the people what they want.
Just off 2hrs on the hustings with Leo Varadkar. He should go on VinB more. Seems it gets him votes. He's not giving out Lions bars anymore!
— Kevin Doyle (@KevDoyle_Indo) February 16, 2011
3. He loves going to Electric Picnic
4. That time he hosted his own radio show
Leading to a sick burn from his rivals.
5. Or when he stumbled upon an armed robbery
— RTÉ News (@rtenews) February 17, 2016
6. The historic moment he came out on live TV
With Miriam O'Callaghan.
7. Finally, when he declared himself a fan of Blur
The Oasis or Blur debate was put to bed for many.
Temptation not to give dogs abuse to leo varadkar who is standing beside me the q for the bar is too much #blur
— Bernie Bradley (@BoarnieB) August 1, 2013