Dating is difficult enough without some eejit you've only just met ruining a perfectly nice dinner with some blatant act of stupidity.
But what are the biggest turn-offs when it comes to dinner dates in Ireland?
According to recent research undertaken by Tinder and Deliveroo, a date chewing loudly is the bad habit most likely to send us into a rage
Yep, the loud chewers pissed off 75% of Tinder users and we have to say we completely agree.
This was followed closely by the 'food snatchers', those who steal the last delicious bite of food on your plate, with 70% of Tinder users classifying this as a brazen act of insanity and unlikely to result in a second date.
Overall, Tinder users in ten countries were surveyed and the global results threw up some interesting results:
- 66% of users said loud chewing was a deal breaker, but Italians were most forgiving with only 53% leaving the table.
- To double dip or not to double dip? No need to have a dry French fry, more than 60% of users said it’s okay. Ketchup or Mayo? Well, that’s a different issue.
- While the majority of the world is overwhelmingly against stealing your last bite of deliciousness - more than 58% of Singaporeans think it’s charmingly feckless.
- Don’t even think about trying to order for your date if you’re in France. More than 70% of users swiped left on backseat ordering. Feel free to do it in Belgium, Germany or Singapore, though. 70% of users were okay with the practice.
- Everyone loves dessert! Sharing really is caring.
Sound like most of our foreign friends a lot pickier than us Irish when it comes to dating. *swipes left, swipes left, swipes left*