Oh, Ireland - An Irishman Called Upon Paramedics Because His Dog Was Giving Birth
And another rang in because a condom had split...
Listen, we all lose the head every once in a while. Especially when there are puppies involved.
An Irish man dialled 999 recently and asked for an ambulance to be dispatched because his dog was giving birth.
As well as that, the paramedics from the TV3 show Paramedics once received an emergency call asking for all the services to be sent out, because someone’s electricity went off.
Emergency Call Taker in Ballyshannon, Donegal, Aisling Kelly said:
We got a call because a man had swallowed a toothpick three days before then called an ambulance because he had tummy pain.”
The team behind the show spoke to the Irish Mirror, and upon recounting some of the most unusual calls, Emergency Call Taker Eddie Doherty stated:
There was one time a man called me because he couldn’t get any reception on his TV and he wanted me to organise somebody to go out and fix his aerial and tune his TV for him.”
But for now, back to the dog.
Dundalk paramedic Dominic McEvoy recalled:
It came in as a maternity call - 14 year old, birth imminent. So the crew arrived down at the house to find that there was a dog having pups.
The brave team have been called for the most bizarre of reasons.
Paramedic Joe Winters recalled:
One particular time we were heading thirty miles away to this location and it was for a gentleman in his forties who had a pain in his big toe.
The incredible series continues on TV3 on Wednesday, at 8:30pm.
The nature of Irish 'Lickarsery' and Harry Styles' sexuality... listen to the latest episode of Before Brunch. Subscribe here