15 Of The Very Best #GrowingUpIrish Tweets
When your nana tells you her wifi password is 'StAnthony1'
Ahh, growing up Irish.
It seems we were all frightened by spoons made of wood, forgetting to flick a switch in the hot press and accidentally touching flowers called 'piss-in-the-beds'.
#GrowingUpIrish has been the cause of many giggles over the past few days on Twitter, so here's some of our favourites from the bunch...
1. Cultural appreciation with @Colmogorman
When the 1st Chinese take away opened in town and sweet & sour chicken balls were the height of sophistication #GrowingUpIrish— Colm O'Gorman (@Colmogorman) July 3, 2016
2. Art with @davemcginn_ie
3. Primary school with @GerryMcBride
Having to "Teigh collaidh" while the teacher went out for a smoke #growingupirish— Gerry McBride (@GerryMcBride) July 2, 2016
4. Chemistry with @SenLynnRuane
Layering the toothpaste on your neck because your convinced it gets rid of hickeys #GrowingUpIrish— Lynn Ruane (@SenLynnRuane) July 2, 2016
5. Biology with @YolandaChiara
Spending the whole of your primary school life trying to get your gooey alien pregnant #growingupirish— Yolanda (@YolandaChiara) September 2, 2015
6. Crucial slang with @janoskian_drugs
#growingupirish calling the cinema the pictures— Beth :) (@_bethclifford_) August 8, 2015
7. A mother's love with @MeganGethin
#GrowingUpIrish your mam continuing to use the Parent & Child parking when doing the shopping despite the fact you've reached adulthood— Megan (@MeganGethin) August 3, 2015
8. Technology with @kickthecj_
9. Responsibilities with @Af123Bio
10. Geography with @IrishUnity
11. Getting over yourself with @wheresclair
"You'll be better before you're married" was the response to any injury #GrowingUpIrish— Clair Kelly (@wheresclair) July 4, 2016
12. Economics with @swingking
2 sparklers and the rest in penny sweets #GrowingUpIrish— Stephen O'Connell (@swingking) July 4, 2016
13. Weather with @pegcxrter
14. Religion with @willstleger
Who said Mass? #GrowingUpIrish— Will St Leger (@WillStLeger) July 2, 2016
15. And finally, watching yourself with @david75donovan
'close that door, you werent born in a barn! i was there!' / 'i brought you into this world ill take you out of it!' -Ma #GrowingUpIrish— dave donovan (@david75donovan) July 4, 2016