Ireland has no shortage of natural wonders and the lakes of our island are second to none, so why not make a journey to see them with your own eyes during your day off?
There’s no better way to de-stress than by lounging by a placid lake, having a bit of a picnic and admiring the splendour all around you.
But where should you go? Simply pick your personal favourite from the list of beautiful pictures below and off you pop!
1. Lough Key, Co. Roscommon
2. Lough Corrib, Co. Galway & Mayo
3. Lough Derg, Co. Tipperary, Clare & Galway
4. Lough Conn, Co. Mayo
5. Lough Leane, Co. Kerry
6. Lough Cullin, Co. Mayo
7. Muckross Lake, Co. Kerry
8. Lough Gill, Co. Sligo
9. Glendalough, Co. Wicklow
10. Lough Derravaragh, Co. Westmeath
11. Lough Neagh, Co. Antrim, Down, Armagh, Tyrone & Derry
12. Lough Allen, Co. Leitrim & Roscommon
13. Lough Mask, Co. Mayo & Galway