Here's How To Uninstall The Latest Snapchat Update That's Driving Irish People Cracked
It's so annoying that people are thinking about deleting the app altogether.
When Snapchat announced that they were rolling out a new update for their platform, people didn't take any notice of it.
That is, until it began rolling out here in Ireland.
It's awkward, confusing and has angered so many people in this country that they are even considering getting rid of the app altogether.
Wouldn’t you think @Snapchat would listen to what the majority of users are saying instead of telling everyone they’ll get used to it, new update is rotten— Kyra (@Kyra_boylexo) February 8, 2018
Snapchat new update 😞😞— KING_SONIA (@king_Soniaa) February 8, 2018
PETITION TO GET RID OF THE SNAPCHAT UPDATE BC ITS BLOODY AWFUL !!!— Alan Finn (@AlanFinn16) February 8, 2018
The new Snapchat update is a pile of poo! Need a satnav to find your way around it 👊 #snapchatupdate— andrew mcguirk (@andrewmcguirk2) February 8, 2018
Think I’m gonna boycott @Snapchat I honestly can’t deal with the new update— Megs (@megancowzer_x) February 8, 2018
Legit can’t cope with this new Snapchat update, even thinking of deleting it 😑😬😅— Leanne O'Toole (@leanneotfitness) February 8, 2018
If your Snapchat has updated already then you know exactly what we're on about and if it hasn't have a read of this article about what changes are being made and DO NOT UPDATE.
Thankfully, Metro has released a method of how to uninstall that awful update and restore the old version of the picture messaging service for both Android and iOS.
They say that you can go back to a previous version of the app by finding the installation file for that previous update.
"Android uses something called APK (which means Android application package) files for apps.
"You can search the web for the app name, version number and APK. You should have a copy of the APK files for every version of an app you’ve updated."
Once you have that file, you can uninstall the newer version of the app and then copy the APK file of the previous update.
"After, copy it to either a new folder, or the Download folder. Then, you’ll need to download or buy an Android File Explorer app to find the file on your Android device, at which point you can tap on it and install it."
Android users could also try to download older versions of Snap from here as an alternative.
It's easier to delete it from Apple phones by following these steps and downloading it via iTunes.
- The first step is very important. Do not update apps in iTunes yet because you'll be using an old copy of the app that is stored in iTunes library. Updating iTunes means this old copy will be gone.
- Delete the Snapchat app on your iPhone
- Press the home button and get out of delete mode. Then, connect your iPhone to your computer. Open iTunes and select your device. However, do not sync at this time.
- Click the Applications tab. Select ‘Apps’ in the iTunes sidebar.
- Find the Snapchat app which you'll want to reinstall in iTunes’ Apps list. Select the option to “Install” and sync your device. The version you have backed up in iTunes will copy back to your iPhone.
The panic is over, the good times of Snapchat are on the way back.