17 Photos That Prove How Beautiful County Meath Really Is
They don't call it The Royal County for nothing...
Meath, Meath, Meath.
Did you know that The Royal County used to be a whole province in itself?
Didn't think so. And once you take a gander at a few of these snapshots, you'll realise why.
1. Everything is insanely picturesque
Even ponds, which usually have pond scum building on them.
2. It boasts world wonders
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Dublin.
3. Castles for daaaaays
Royals be royalin'.
4. And even grey skies don't ruin the beauty
5. It has its very own Gaeltacht region
Beautiful AND cultural. We likey.
6. And even when lightning strikes, it looks heavenly
Pink to make the boys wink.
7. There's something to look at everywhere you turn
Each one more steeped in history than the last.
8. And nighttime can sometimes even look more pleasant than the day
That's one Summer Solstice for one Summer Solstice.
9. A casual scene looks like a storybook picture
Idyllic is how idyllic does.
10. Flooded fields look like inviting watery pools of dreams
Too far? Nah.
11. Locals are cool
Well, some are cows. You know the way.
12. The world's your oyster
Be it white, pink or otherwise.
13. And sunsets are something else
Sunny side down is best.
14. Even rain doesn't dampen spirits
Everyone needs a good soak every so often.
15. Schools look like this
Primary schools, no less.
16. Hills look like that
You know, run-of-the-mill.
17. And festivals there are some of the best in all the world*...
*Completely objective statement. They really are.
Is there ever such thing as a Kardashian Koincidence? We chat about celebrity "leak" culture on this week's Before Brunch podcast below. Subscribe here