Do you ever have something that you just can't let go of? Something so small, so petty that other people think you're mad to still be harping on about it.
Well, the Irish people have several.
We have opinions, and we don't tend to change them. You should never wrong an Irish person, because we sure know how to hold a grudge.
We're not petty or stubborn... we're just strong willed.
1. Thierry Henry's 2009 handball
I'm not even a sports person and I still feel the sting of that fateful moment. We will never forget, and we will never forgive.
2. Bad Irish accents in films
Dodgy Irish accents like Tom Cruise in Far and Away and Gerard Butler in P.S I Love You are the reason half the world think that we speak like leprechauns. Rude.
3. Louis Walsh is a knob
Yet for some reason, he seems to keep cropping up back onto our screens. For the love of God, leave him be.
4. The spelling of Palmerstown
It's Palmerstown, not Palmerston. Get it right.
5. Superquinn sausages are far superior
We will go to war to defend their honour.
6. Top o' the morning to ya
... said no one ever. No one in their right mind has ever said "top of the morning to ya!".
7. The correct pronunciation of Patrick's Day
It's Paddy's Day. Not Patty's Day. Please, educate the world around you.
8. Our weather isn't that bad
Yeah okay, it rains a little. Okay, a fair bit. But only we can say that.
9. The Leaving Cert English Paper 2009
If you sat it that year, you'll remember this well. The paper was opened accidentally, which meant that it was rescheduled to a Saturday. Shudders.
10. The end of Oxegen
RIP, one of Ireland's greatest music festivals. You were gone too soon.
11. Ed Sheeran's Galway Girl
So. Many. Inaccuracies.
12. Pat Kenny ripping up the Late Late Toy Show tickets
A crime against nature. They could have gone to a good home, Pat. Shame on you.
13. Barry or Lyons are the only options
Anything other than that isn't real tea, and yes that includes green tea.
14. Distant Irish relatives do not make you Irish
Unless you're Obama, then welcome to our crib.
15. The 3arena will always be The Point
It's not the 3arena, and it was never the O2. It's the Point, plain and simple.
16. The man slipping on the ice on RTÉ
Never forget him. #JusticeForIceMan
17. The price of Freddo bars
It's an absolute outrage at the moment. An outrage.
€40 for a freddo bar in 2020 I'm calling it now
— Brandon (@Brandonnsweeney) June 13, 2017
18. Gay Byrne is the only man for The Late Late Show
The original, and the best.
19. Nadine Coyle and her infamous passport
The moment is etched into our minds, forever.