For every vote-hungry politician and D-list celebrity who spends their days on Twitter trying to give the people what they want, there are 32 relatively unknown Irish humourists doing just that with an admirable sense of ease.
Here are 13 of our favourites from the last seven days.
1. Preaching the gospel truth with @WildState
Reminder of Ireland's 5 Biggest Eejits pic.twitter.com/AifGqtk0mD
— TharBarrSuperstar (@WildState) April 4, 2016
2. History repeating itself with @ElizabethAF
I'm trying to watch Titanic online but it keeps freezing and stops syncing. WHAT CRUEL IRONY IS THIS
— Elizabeth AhernFlynn (@ElizabethAF) April 4, 2016
3. Feelings with @sebmcateer
Just had a bizarre, quasi-religious moment with my taxi driver as we both sang Rihanna's Stay to each other which finished as I glided home.
— Seb (@SebMcAteer) April 2, 2016
4. Twilight zoning with @IncrediblyRich
Just found out Mystic Meg's real name is Margaret Lake and now I can't decide which sounds the most mysterious.
— IncrediblyRich (@IncrediblyRich) April 4, 2016
5. Tunes on tunes on tunes with @LaGalaxie
WE FOUND LOVE IN A pic.twitter.com/Kuti1yNKOg
— LE GALAXIE (@LeGalaxie) April 3, 2016
6. Fitness with @meganmcassidy
I honestly did two press ups yesterday and now can't dress myself with the pain
— Megan Cassidy (@meganmcassidy) April 2, 2016
7. Work will set you free with @uughhhhhh
8. The struggle is real with @Mac_Lanky
I've spent my whole afternoon trying to face swap with a duck
— Ciarán Love Hewitt (@Mac_Lanky) April 4, 2016
9. Real talk with @AisLough
There should be an app to tell you whether or not it's worth losing your dignity by running to a bus that might just pull off as you arrive
— Aiso (@aisolougho) April 3, 2016
10. Moving up in the world with @clommy
11. The fragility of youth with @chief_kaoife
Overheard a disappointed teenage girl in asha: 'I don't think they actually sell weed here'
— ♀jiminaoif cricket (@chief_kaoife) April 1, 2016
12. Tread softly, for you tread absolutely nowhere with @DaveyReilly
The problem with treadmills is that they give you the sensation of running away from your problems, without any of the results.
— Davey Reilly (@DaveyReilly) April 3, 2016