Above the Fold is a brand-spanking new creative conference coming to the The Mick Lally Theatre in Druid Lane, Galway on May 21 2016. The event will be a hub of creativity - beginning with a day of inspiring talks and ending with some deadly social events in the evening.
Above the Fold by Day presents eight exciting artists, designers and creative entrepreneurs for a one day, and one day only, in a symposium of inspirational talks under one roof.
Ticket-holders will also be given the opportunity to network and socialise at the delegates' after party in the Glasshouse at Electric Garden & Theatre that evening.
Confirmed speakers for the event are:
- Brian Kenny - A video artist and projection mapping specialist focusing on the transformation of environments through the manipulation of lighting and video technology. Brian’s list of clients has included indie rockers Franz Ferdinand and Primal Scream, and he has curated commissions for OFFSET in collaboration with stylist Aisling Farinella and Absolute Vodka.
- Aoibheann McNamara - Creative entrepreneur Aoibheann McNamara is joining Above the Fold locally for a quick break from her bustling restaurant Ard Bia. Aoibheann travels regularly gathering inspiration for her café and the House - where she hosts talks and events. Aoibheann also co-runs The Tweed Project, a slow fashion label, in collaboration with her partner Triona Lillis.
- Daniel Ulrichs - Daniel Ulrichs is the brains behind Coffeewerk + Press. Daniel created the space to showcase the overlap between Irish and international design and art, while exploring the world of speciality coffee. The small business is housed in a beautiful four hundred year old building on the West coast of Ireland - seeking to create a dialogue between coffee, design and the local Galway community.
- Finbar McHugh - Graphic artist and designer
- Joe Caslin - Illustrator, street artist and teacher
- Matthew Thompson - Photographer