Is anyone tired of gin yet?
We didn't think so.
The guys at Aldi are launching their nationwide gin festival next week, just in time for the June Bank Holiday.
From next Thursday (May 31), you will be able to get your hands on five different gins across 130 stores.
They will include:
- Boyle’s Raspberry Blush €24.99/70cl - The summery smell of fresh raspberries and pine with a hint of spice. A light and inviting start. The raspberries here are fresh and the juniper is not shy. There’s a spicy middle with a lovely tickle of pink peppercorns. The berry notes are warmer now, the spirit creamy with a wonderful twist of orange at the finish. First and foremost, this is a gin, not a liqueur. It’s not sweetened and doesn’t use artificial flavours
- Brennan’s Old House Gin €29.99/70cl - At The Old House, only the finest botanicals are hand selected for this Gin. Inspiration comes from the surrounding meadows of heather, fields of corn and hedgerows of ripe frocken berries, capturing a little bit of Irish magic in every bottle. Each “Crock of Gin” is a limited edition, produced in small batches. Brennan’s Old House Gin uses the highest quality, hand selected, traditional and native Irish botanicals
- Tower Gin €29.99/70cl - Tower Gin has a subtle and fragrant nose. Delicate chocolate-orange sweetness emerges from the organic cacao and orange peel. Unexpected spice balances the gin’s delivery perfectly. Exclusive to Aldi
- Ha’penny Rhubarb Gin €29.99/70cl - A soft rhubarb fragrance with discernible notes of juniper and lemon peel followed by subtle hintsof black pepper. Initially there is an intense rhubarb and herbaceous body, rounding to a pleasant lingering touch of blackberry, leaving an unforgettable flavour to the palate
- St Patrick’s Classic Juniper Potato Gin €29.99/70cl - A complex gin, with a fragrant floral, piney nose, entwining the sweet freshness from the potatoes, with just enough spices to tickle the palate, delivering an exotic experience to your taste buds
They will also have a range of garnishes and infusions if you're feeling fancy.
And we're always feeling fancy.
These include a selection of orange zest, juniper berries and cinnamon sticks €1.99 and spicy, floral and mystic (whatever that means) flavours for €2.99
Get thee to Aldi.