Personal security has been a big issue of late and this news is sure to worry some people.
Researchers have found, according to Newstalk, that certain HP laptops are recording and storing everything that is typed on it.
Everything that is typed on the laptop - which can mean personal details such as passwords, bank info and phone numbers - is stored as plain text on the laptop.
Researchers Modzero found several laptops who have this bug, some of which include:
- HP EliteBook G3 Notebook PC, models 820, 828, 840, 848, 850
- HP ProBook G2 Notebook PC, models 640, 645, 650, 655
- HP ProBook G3 Notebook PC, models 430, 440, 446, 450, 455, 470
- HP EliteBook G3 Notebook PC models 725, 745, 755
- HP EliteBook G1 Notebook PC model 1030
There are more affected, and you should consult the full list to make sure your laptop doesn't have the bug.
The researchers believe the software was not intentionally included on the computers.
If you have one of the laptops affected, you can fix the issue by going to C:WindowsSystem32MicTray.exe or C:WindowsSystem32MicTray64.exe and deleting the files.
We Sat Down For An AMA This Week With Irish Lifestyle And Fitness Legend, Rob Lipsett...