17 Photos To Show Just How Heartbreakingly Beautiful Sligo Really Is
Yeats Country will never let you down...
A haven for all kinds of explorers, whether you're more keen to stay on dry land or want to dive into the briny deep, Sligo is so much more than your average seaside county.
Boasting an impressive stretch of the longest coastal driving route in the world, The Wild Atlantic Way, you know you're getting your money's worth when you decide to take a trip to Yeats Country.
1. Because the views could even tame The Wild Atlantic Way
2. Because the houses look like this
3. The whole county is built on the lyrical brilliance of Yeats
With reference to his genius dotted everywhere.
4. Because it looks like this on a sunny day...
5. ...and like this when it's cloudy
Ugh, why on Earth would you do it to yourself?
6. Oh, and don't forget rain
Cause, y'know. Ireland.
7. Holiday homes look like this
Casual Notting Hill vibes.
8. This is what they do in their spare time
9. That, or this
You know, pretty low key.
10. This is just your average pier
That's just what the sky turns into just before it gets dark. So yeah, this is pretty much your nightlight.
11. And this is what awaits you on your morning constitutional
12. Or an evening meander
We didn't want to limit you.
13. And because life just seems to be one big postcard
14. Because nobody ever wants to leave
This rule also applies to statues.
15. You meet plenty of friends
And, you may even get to take a trip out to the famous Tír na nÓg.
We're not saying it will happen. Just, don't rule it out.
16. Because you get to feel like you're on the edge of the world
Glance as far as you can glance, and then some.
Or, have your Titanic moment over the Atlantic. Important.
17. And finally, you can feel like you've travelled far
Even though you've barely left your doorstep...
Is there ever such thing as a Kardashian Koincidence? We chat about celebrity "leak" culture on this week's Before Brunch podcast below. Subscribe here