Here Are The Top 20 Lies Parents Tell Their Children
Hold up – chewing gum DOESN'T stay in your stomach for seven years?!
We've some bad news for you: your parents lied to you. About a lot of things.
According to a new survey by pet charity Blue Cross, 8 out of 10 parents have told their little 'uns a fib at some point.
The study revealed that parents lie to help protect their kids' innocence, to stop them from being upset, or to make them behave.
It also revealed that, on average, parents feel their children need to start learning about death at the age of seven and a half.
Here are the 20 most popular lies parents tell their children:
1. Santa Claus is watching you
2. We'll see
3. We're almost there
4. We'll come back another time
5. Carrots will make you see in the dark
6. I always know when you're lying
7. We can come back and buy that toy next time
8. I didn't bring my purse with me today
9. If you watch the television too much, your eyes will go square
10. If you keep making that face, the wind will change and it will freeze
11. If you tell lies your nose will grow
12. If you touch it, it will break
13. They don't sell replacement batteries for that toy
14. If you swallow chewing gum it stays in your stomach for seven years
15. There are fairies at the bottom of the garden
16. When the ice cream truck plays that music, it's run out of ice cream
17. If you leave the house with wet hair, you'll get sick
18. This is medicine, you wouldn't like it
19. Santa Claus prefers a beer and crisps to a mince pie and milk
20. Your pet went to live on a farm in the country
Were you told many of these white lies as a kid? Let us know in the comments.