The country is currently on high alert mode as it sets to be hit by the worst spell of weather since Storm Ophelia hit Ireland in October.
A Status Orange weather warning has already been issued for the country with experts saying that it will soon turn to a red alert before the end of the week.
Here's what you need to know to get you through the snow storm that they are calling the "Beast From The East".
This should include food, bottled water, a first aid kit, necessary medication, clothes, blankets, bin bags, torches, power bank for your phone.
This should be easily accessible in your home and in your car in the unfortunate event that you get stuck outside in this weather while driving.
It's not only okay to make sure that your car has a storm kit inside but you have to make sure that the car itself is well protected.
Check your tyres and make sure the grip is still good on them and also make sure that your car has antifreeze running through the engine as it prevents the water from freezing up.
Drive extremely slowly, even it takes you two hours to make a half hour journey, it could be the difference between getting home safely or not.
When the storm hits you should:
- Keep your doors, windows and storm shutters (if you have them) closed.
- Close your curtains to protect against breaking glass.
- Only open internal doors when needed and close them behind you.
- Don’t try and repair any damage outside until the storm has passed.
- If you need to evacuate, turn off your gas, water and electricity before you leave (if safe to do so).
- If you’ve lost power at night, use torches rather than candles for light to avoid a fire hazard.
What does Red alert mean?:
You have to stay inside.
Met Éireann states that:
"The issue of RED level severe weather warnings should be a comparatively rare event and implies that recipients take action to protect themselves and/or their properties; this could be by moving their families out of the danger zone temporarily; by staying indoors; or by other specific actions aimed at mitigating the effects of the weather conditions."
Follow these rules and you should make it through the Beast from the East unharmed.