13 Simple Hacks That Will Allow You To Survive This Bloody Freezing Weather
Share to save a life
So the temperature has massively dropped, and we're all losing our minds a little.
Okay strike that, a lot.
Buuut, there are ways around this. 13 ways in fact, and they're all laid out here for you.
We're sound like that.
1. Wear two pairs of socks
Seriously. You'll thank us.
2. Put cat litter/sand under the tyres of your car to gain some traction
No slippin' for you.
3. Beg, borrow or steal an electric blanket
Electric blankets use very little energy, and they're only about €20. Ten minutes with one of these babies, and you'll feel good as new.
4. Use your oven as much as possible when cooking
This will help to heat up your whole kitchen.
When you finish cooking or heating your food up, open the oven door to take as much advantage of the heat as possible.
5. Wrap your pyjamas around a hot water bottle
Tasty, soft, goodness.
6. Use pipe insulator as draft blockers
So easy and so affordable. Full instructions here.
7. Put a layer of tinfoil against the wall
This will reflect the heat back into the room. Just like that.
8. Park facing East
Then the sun will do all the work for you in the morning. Simple yet brilliant.
9. Use a lighter on your key to loosen a frozen lock
No more broken key worries.
10. Maximise the use of your water after you shower
Upon showering, keep the water in the bath and allow the heat to rise from it for a while, until it turns cold.
Hon the humidity!
11. Waterproof your socks with sandwich bags
Not as weird as you think, and super super effective.
12. Open your curtains when the sun is shining
Let dat der heat in.
13. Invest in a set of flannel sheets
The warmest thing in the WHOLE WIDE world.